Looking for the closest grocery store? Google it.
Don’t know how to cook something? Google it.
Want to learn how to use your new camera? Google it.
Have bug bite but have no idea what bit you? Google it.
Don’t know how to spell a word (and even your spell check has no idea what you are trying to spell)? Google it!!!
I truthfully don’t know how on earth people learned anything/ figured out anything/ cooked anything/ survived before Googling was a thing.
Let’s take a look at my most recent Google searches:
- Guadalajara, Jalisco (I met someone from here and couldn’t even pretend I knew where in the world that was)
- How to make loads of grilled cheeses at once (My roommate and I were hosting book club and needed to come up with a way to cook 20 grilled cheeses at once)
- What does bi-monthly mean (Does that mean I need to do it once ever two months or twice every month?)
- Funny little puppy gifs (I just needed a pick me up)
- Wineries VA (I love wine… pretty straight forward)
And my favorite Google search this week:
- Attempt 1: “chicken parmesan” (ughs no, I need a simple recipe)
- Attempt 2: “chicken parmesan simple recipe” (eww, I don’t want to cook this on the stove first with oil and then bake it… I just want to bake it!)
- Attempt 3: “baked chicken parmesan recipe” (omg, this is going to take an hour to cook?)
- Attempt 4: “baked chicken parmesan recipe that doesn’t take one hour” (finally found a recipe that only takes 40 minutes, score!)
As you can tell, I think chicken parmesan takes way too much time to cook. Good thing I had a cookie as an appetizer to tide me over!
Is this post basically a love letter to Google? Yes!
I got an early Christmas gift from my parents this week, a Nikon D5200! (EEK!) I could spend 4 hours reading through the owner’s manual, or I could just Google best tutorial videos and tips! BAM! I got that thing up and running long before I ever could finish reading a manual.
So Google, I just wanted to let you know I love you! Although Web MD makes me believe that I have a terminal illness every time I look up symptoms and I’ve wasted far too many hours watching videos of babies try lemons for the first time (if you haven’t watched these, click here, you’re welcome), you are the best thing in the world!
Any funny Google search queries you’ve had lately? Do you rely on it for everything like I do?