It’s Friday and I’m stuck in the office for 2 more hours until I’m finally set free! Cold beer, boating, and jet skiing is calling my name this weekend in Colonial Beach… I just have to survive a few more emails.
In the last few hours of the day my mind tends to wander and I begin to daydream of far off lands and all of the amazing places I’ve seen.
Since reflecting on these trips made me so happy this afternoon, I thought I’d share my favorite destinations I’ve been to (so far) around the world. Here are my top three destinations!
I took a Euro trip with my best friend after college graduation (thanks Mom and Dad!) for a few weeks and Germany was our favorite place. Things not to miss:
– Beer halls and gardens: Skip the sausage plate and order another beer instead.. German food is actually not the best
– Nightlife: Always have your whits about you though, it’s not the safest place
– Grafitti: This is anywhere and everywhere, some of which is actually beautiful
– Neuschwanstein Castle: I felt like I was looking at a Disney castle
I planned a spur-of-the-moment trip to Singapore to visit my father when he was there for business. It’s the safest country in the world and have some of the best dishes I’ve ever had… I still dream of the pepper crab I feasted on! Things not to miss:
– Botanical gardens: It’s beautiful because of their amazing weather
– Delicious seafood: Reference my pepper crab comment
– A true Singapore Sling: I had mine at 10am one morning with a handful of peanuts – breakfast of champions!
– Southern most point of continental Asia: It’s a great bragging right if you ask me :)
For graduation my parents surprised me with a trip to Switzerland with them! (Have I mentioned how wonderful they are for allowing me to travel the world??) It’s such a crazy experience to walk out of your hotel in a dress and get to the top of the Matterhorn freezing cold in snow. Things not to miss:
– Going to the top of the Matterhorn: It is beautiful!
– Fondue: I mean it’s Switzerland, you have to have it
– Glaciar Express: Hold onto your wine glass around the turns :)
Then there are of course still an endless number of places I’ve never been that I’m dying to go to… Croatia, Venice, St. Barths, New Zealand… My passport needs some new stamps!
What vacation destination are you day dreaming of right now as you wait for the weekend to arrive? What’s your favorite place you’ve been in the world and are dying to go back to?