All winter long I was curled up in bed complaining about the cold weather and daydreaming about all the fun things I would do once it finally warmed up outside. But now that it’s warm, I forget all of them!
I refuse to let this summer fly by without doing everything I’ve been dreaming about for the last 6 months. That way next winter, instead of being sad (and frozen), I can think back to all the fun things I did… and plan more for Summer 2016!
Here’s my bucket list for Summer 2015 in DC:
1. Picnic in the park with a bottle of wine and tasty snacks (by the way, International Picnic Day is June 18th)***
2. Go to a theme park and scream like a little kid :)
3. Make summertime pies (not exactly sure what would constitute as a “summertime” pie, but it sounds fun!)
4. Go to the top of the Washington Monument (how have I still not done this??)
5. Run a half marathon and kill it (already signed up for the race… now all I have to do is kill it!)
6. Go hiking more (the Billy Goat Trail is calling my name!)
7. Stroll the monuments at night
8. Go golfing with the boyfriend
9. Read at least 5 books!
10. Go on a weekend DC winery tour with friends
***Hint to all the boys out there reading this! Your girlfriend will thank you :)
What’s on your summer bucket list this year? I want to hear what fun things you have planned… and make sure I’m not forgetting anything from my list :)