My lovely mama was visiting me in DC this weekend so there are many reasons why this Monday is going to be a bit rough:
1) When you have to say goodbye to a parent who lives states away (shoutout to the Sunshine State!), no matter how soon you have planned to see them again, it’s just no fun.
2) When your mom is only in town for 2 days you eat out every meal, always get dessert, and always have an extra glass of wine to celebrate.
3) My usually workout routine was thrown out the window.
4) It’s a Monday… they are always tough. Plain and simple.
All four of these reasons are why I needed a healthy but yummy lunch for my Monday back in the office!
This recipe is pretty much identical to my greek pita recipe, but sans the pita bread and with some steak thrown in. Mainly because I was trying to be healthy… but really because I ran out of pita :)
- 2 cups kale (ribs removed, washed, and massaged)
- 0.5 cup diced, cooked steak
- 0.5 cup cooked quinoa
- 3 tbs. crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tbs. chopped almonds
- 2 tbs. dried cranberries
- 1.5 tbs. Greek style feta dressing from Trader Joes
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Cook the quinoa (based on package instructions) and steak (to your liking)
- Massage the kale
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl
What do you eat on Mondays at the office to combat your unguided eating habits over the weekend?