HANGRY (han-gree) adj. = a state of anger caused by lack of food
Snacking is one of my worst habits. It could be 5am or right after Thanksgiving dinner and I will be on the lookout for a tasty snack.
Believe me, if I could snack on potato chips and chocolate all day long I would be a happy camper! But sadly, that’s just not the best idea for your heart or waist line.
As my boyfriend always says, “No one likes a hangry manderz!” (“manderz” is his loving nickname for me)
So to combat my hangry side from coming out, I always have healthy snacks on hand!
Since I would consider myself a snacking expert, I’ve created a list of my top 6 snacks recommendations! Fruity, salty, crunchy, chewy, chocolaty…. these snacks cover it all.
- Blue Diamond BOLD Wasabi and soy sauce almonds (the dijon mustard ones are delicious too)
- Belvita blueberry biscuits (you will think you are eating a cookie, seriously)
- Annie’s organic bunny fruit snacks (these aren’t just for kids)
- Skinnygirl chocolate chip cookie dough protein bar (you will be shocked by how tasty this is!)
- Perfect red apple (An apple a day keeps the doctor away)
- LARABAR cherry pie bar (I’ve raved about these bars before, and they are still a go-to for me!)
All of these things can easily be thrown in a purse and devoured at the first sign of hangry-ness!
What are you go-to snacks?