It’s not always easy to plan evenings out with friends for dinner and happy hours during the workweek. Sometimes there are just too many things going on and too many schedule conflicts to deal with.
Tomorrow’s Friday and the boyfriend has class tonight, so I’m planning a “me” night.
Are you in need of one too? Here are the 6 things you should/must have on hand for a perfect night in:
1. Blankets: Since you don’t have anyone to cuddle with to keep you warm (#brokenhearts), reach for the next best thing; blankets, pillows and slippers! Nothing’s worse than sitting on the couch shivering.
2. Snacks on snacks: Maybe it’s popcorn or maybe it’s chocolate (chocolate chips in my case). Whatever snack appeals to your taste buds, get it and keep it close by!
3. Bottle of wine: Get a nice bottle, I’m talking one that costs double-digits (I know, it’s a splurge, but it’s worth it)! Plus, since it’s only you, you don’t have to share.
4. Netflix tv series: Clearly an hour and a half movie won’t be enough for the night, you need a whole tv series to binge on :) And when that little box pops up asking if you’re “still watching?”, just click yes and pour yourself a bit more wine.
5. Candle: Light a candle close by so you can breath in the wonderful scent and relax. I’m obsessed with the ones that have a crackling wick so if you close your eyes you feel as if you’re by a fireplace :)
6. Good book: After a few (or like 6) episodes of the show you deemed binge-worthy, crack open the book that’s been sitting on your nightstand for far too long! It’ll be the perfect way to end the evening and help you relaxed before bed (unless it’s a thriller novel, and in that case you may be better off sticking to tv).
What are your “go-to” items for a perfect night in? Are you a tv watcher, book reader, or both (like me)? Happy Friday-Eve!
P.S. I just finished OITNB and I’m in need of a new tv show! Suggestions, please :)