I will admit… sometimes a stack of dirty dishes in the sink after dinner is enough to push me over the edge.
After working about 10 hours a day at the office, I run home to make dinner for the boyfriend and myself. Then once we eat and I’m ready to relax, I realize there are about 6 different plates and pans I now need to clean. Those are the days my patience doesn’t last too long.
So the truth is, I’m not sure why I love this recipe so much. Maybe it’s because it’s absolutely delicious… or maybe it’s because it doesn’t dirty too many dishes :)
Not to mention it requires limited ingredients, less than 20 minutes, and is super healthy and filling!
This recipe will become your new weeknight staple. Then you can enjoy a glass of wine as you relax on the couch after dinner, instead of having to jump back up and start cleaning. Save your sanity and give this dish a try!
- 1 lb salmon
- 5 cups washed and torn kale (ribs removed)
- 6 slices of lemon
- 2 tbs of capers
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- Parchment paper
- Preheat your oven to 425.
- Cut salmon into two even pieces.
- Unroll two section of parchment paper about 12 inches long.
- Add 1 tbs of olive oil in the center of both sheets and place the salmon halves on top.
- Evenly divide lemon, kale, and capers onto/around each salmon slice.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Wrap each packet by folding over the corners so the steam can be trapped inside while cooking.
- Pop in the oven for 12-15 minutes (until fish is completely cooked through).
- Unwrap and enjoy!
What are some of your simple, go-to recipes during the busy workweek? I sadly can’t eat salmon every day so I need some more ideas, share below!