As you read my posts you may think “wow, that’s one put together, cool girl”(if you don’t, just play along)…
The fact of the matter is, I’m pretty much the opposite :) I’m goofy (thank goodness I can laugh at myself), uncoordinated sometimes (I spilled coffee on my pants this morning while getting ready for work), and have childish fears (I still sleep with a nightlight and made the boyfriend get one as this apartment too).
Every day when I read other bloggers posts I wonder what they are really like. What are their un-blogworthy photos, life experiences, and funny quirks? So today, I figured I would share a few of mine incase any of you were wondering.
Here are seven odd things about me because like Barney taught us a few decades ago, “sharing is caring”!
1. My least favorite word in the whole entire English language is “coupon”, especially when people accentuate the “u”. It makes me cringe every time I hear someone say it. If someone in my family is referencing one, they instead say “gift card” so I don’t freak out (they’ve learned over the years).
2. I get really scared when I take showers, especially if I can’t see through the shower curtain. This means every time I take a shower at my house when no one else is home I whip back the curtain about 5 times because I think I hear a noise. This results in water everywhere and my getting freezing cold… and of course there is never anyone there…
3. When I’m not wearing my iWatch I feel phantom vibrates on my wrist (just like how others may feel phantom vibrates if their phone is in their pants pocket). People then wonder why I keep looking at my bracelet multiple times during a meeting.
4. I can crack my ears. Whenever I hug the boyfriend I crack them against his shoulder and he gets angry, but boy does it feel good! It’s like people who crack their knuckles or back… instead it’s my ears :)
5. I’m not an animal fan (I phrased it that way because the boyfriend said saying “I hate animals” would make some of my readers angry). Holding that baby shark in the picture above probably took a year off my life (don’t worry, we threw him back in). It’s not that I hate them really, but just that they scare me (don’t even get me started on dogs… it would be so much easier if they could just talk). I did conquer a fear over Christmas break and went horseback riding! Baby steps :)
6. I’m the world’s worst speller. My dad thinks it’s because I listed to audio books more than I read actual books… I think it’s because I grew up in an age where we typed up all our papers and I could rely on spellcheck. But sadly, sometimes spellcheck doesn’t even know what I’m trying to spell…
7. If I’ve had a long day, I will take a glass of wine into the shower with me. I have a ledge in my shower that doesn’t get wet which I can sit my glass up on (I swear it was basically made for a glass of wine). If you aren’t as lucky as me to have a wine holder in your shower just use a travel coffee mug so you don’t water down your wine (that’s what I used to do in college).
So there you have it? Feel like you know my quirky-self a bit better now?
Have any weird habits you want to share? :) Don’t let me hang out here alone on my weirdness ledge!
P.S. If you didn’t see my tweet yesterday, check out my new sponsor page! I just hooked up with Passionfruit to offer ads to my special readers like YOU. Lindsay (check out the bottom of this post) and Brittany (check out my sidebar) have already taken the plunge and are sponsoring Anchored to Sunshine this month (thank you, thank you)!
P.P.S. To give you even more inventive to sponsor Anchored to Sunshine, I’m offering 25% off ALL AD SPOTS! :) Now that’s what I call a cherry on top!