That moment you wake up starving and scour your fridge for anything to pull together into a delicious meal.
I bring you the “leftovers skillet”, since I truly make this out of leftovers in the fridge. I had three eggs, extra kale from the night before, a forgotten can of spicy dices tomatoes, and thyme from a HelloFresh box earlier in the week. That means it was a “egg and kale skillet” today!
I’m TECHNICALLY not supposed to have gluten and dairy, but it’s so difficult to stay away from. I don’t always stick to this diet given to me by my doctor, but where I can I make little changes.
This bread from Udi’s has made it so much easier to stay away from gluten. It’s delicious! You can find it in the frozen section at the grocery store. (Side note, to cut out dairy I now drink plant milk from Bolthouse and I love it!)
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups of kale
- 1/2 can of Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1/2 tablespoon of fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle olive oil into pan over medium heat
- Add torn kale, tomatoes, and thyme to pan and cook for 3 min
- Crack three eggs into pan and cover with lid
- Let cook about 5 minutes, until whites are completely cooked
- Top with salt and pepper
- Pair with a side of toast and coffee
- Grab a fork and dive in
Take a look in your fridge to see what you have. Peppers? Throw them in. Sweet potatoes? Wedge those up and add them! An avocado? Slice it up for a topping.
Note to any family or friend out there reading this… I could really use a cast-iron skillet for Christmas :)