It’s 5pm, you have 30 minutes left of work, and all you can think about is curling up on the couch with a glass of wine in comfy clothes to watch Netflix (after you go to the gym of course… ughs).
The work day begins to drag around this time. Every minute feeling like 5, your productivity is starting to fade as you see others packing up their things to leave, but hold on for just one more minute! You had such a productive day, don’t let your end of work routine ruin it all!
Here are 5 things every girl boss should do before leaving the office every day to set themselves up for success and prove to others (aka your boss) that you take your job seriously:
- Read through your inbox one last time – Did you get an email during a meeting and think, “I’ll reply after this”, but never did? Scroll through your inbox one last time to make sure no one is waiting on a response from you. You never want to be the one holding something up!
- Make a morning to do list – Your job is never done (sadly), there are always things that need to be taken care of tomorrow (and the next day… and the next day). Make sure to jot them down on a to do list for the next morning so you can hit the ground running.
- Review your calendar for the next few days – Do you have a client meeting tomorrow you need to make sure to dress up for? Do you need to get gas on the way home so you can drive to that said client meeting? What about the day after? Any internal regroups you need to set up tomorrow so you are prepared? No one likes the surprise of a meeting they didn’t remember.
- Clean your desk up – Messy desks make you appear unorganized and represent the lack of pride for what you are doing. Make sure that even if there are papers on your desk that they are stacked neat and with a purpose!
- Check in with your coworkers/boss before leaving – Yes, this could potentially lead to additional work, but they will appreciate it. It shows you are willing to go above and beyond, not to mention it will show you can handle more than they think!
What are some of the things you always make sure to do before leaving the office every day that help you set yourself up for success the next day?