Yes. Garlic butter.
Freshly diced garlic with a nice large slab of butter :) Covering delicious bright orange carrots. Then roasted to perfection!
I’ve never struggled with eating veggies as a child, I actually loved them more than most things. But sometimes just roasting veggies in some EVOO can get a bit boring.
This weekend I was a bit naughty, passing on the olive oil and instead picking up butter in one hand and garlic in the other.
Simple. Fast. And oh so freaking delicious!
- 1 lb (about 6 long) carrots
- 3 tbs butter
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425
- Rinse and cut carrots in 2 inch diagonal chunks
- Melt butter in pan over medium heat
- Add garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until lightly brown (stir frequently to prevent burning)
- Remove from heat, add carrots to the garlic butter, and stir until completely coated
- Arrange in one layer on greased baking sheet
- Bake for 25 minutes or until carrots are roasted and tender to perfection (toss halfway through)
- Remove from oven and top with salt, pepper, and parsley
P.S. They also pair deliciously with red wine (and grilled steaks if you want to be super fancy)
What has been a go-to recipe for you lately? I need some inspiration!