Ahhh hump day! Two more work days and then I’ll be with some of my best friends in Savannah, with a drink in my hand, celebrating my best friend’s bachelorette party!
There are two things on my list to do before I jet off:
1) Mentally accept the fact that I’m old enough to have friends getting married (Wahhhhh?????)
2) Pack for the weekend!
Clearly #1 is something I’ll just have to deal with, but #2 takes a bit of planning!
Obviously there are the “must have” items in your suitcase (undies, toothbrush, hairbrush, etc.). Then there are the things that are a bit out of the ordinary, but just as important when preparing for a weekend trip with friends!
1. Snacks: When you’re coordinating dinner around 8 girl’s eating habits, chances are a few of you will be hungry before the reservation. Having a granola bar in your purse will tide you over (because as you know now, I get very hangry).
2. Appropriate PJs: You can’t get away with an oversized t-shirt or a tiny nighty for a trip with friends. You’ll be seen in your pjs, and most likely be hanging out in them, so make sure you’re comfortable in them for the gossip sessions that will ensue over pillows and glasses of wine.
3. Socks: The perfect barrier for your feet when walking around the unchartered territory of a hotel room (or in our case, an Airbnb). They also help keep you nice and warm :)
4. Cold meds and Tylenol: Just incase you come down with a cold (or, like me, are already sick), or if you celebrate a bit too hard with the bride-to-be and wake up with a headache… these medicines are not what you want to be hunting down in the wee hours of the morning.
5. Cash: When you’re having dinner or at a bar with 8 other girls, it’s important to have cash to easily split the bill. You also never know if certain places you go on the celebratory bar crawl won’t accept credit cards. Don’t be stuck forcing the “bride-crew” to make a detour to an ATM. That’s quite the buzz-kill (and no one wants a buzz-kill at a bachelorette party).
What are your uncommon “must-haves” that you pack for a weekend away? Tell me fast before I jet off Friday morning! :)