The moment I don’t have a new post going live one day, my readership drastically decreases. I know these “off” days are needed, it’s not realistic to blog every day and I know my readers don’t want to hear from me every day either, but just because I’m not posting a blog doesn’t mean I shouldn’t have any blogging activity for the day!
Here are the five things you should do as a blogger when you’re not posting to keep your blog relevant and in front of reader’s eyeballs.
- Follow new blogs: There are thousands of blogs out there (millions actually), so hunt around for some new ones to follow! You could find a new blogger friend, new blogging idol, or at least you could find some new blogging ideas.
- Enter a giveaway: I love giveaways! In fact, yesterday I won Ashley’s giveaway which was a free ad spot on Alanna’s blog (check out both of their blogs asap, they are amazing)! Giveaways are great was to find new bloggers and potentially win fun, free stuff :)
- Update old blogs: It’s funny how bad some of my first blog posts were. They were rambling and the photography looks like I let a small child loose with an iPhone. Spend an hour updating copy or taking new pictures for some of your older posts, then repost them to social media!
- Pin old posts: Pinterest is one thing I commonly forget about when posting a new blog (I know, #fail). Spend “off” days updating boards and pinning other blogger’s posts that peak your interest or inspire you.
- Update your “about” page: When was the last time you read your “about” page, let alone updated it? Chances are things have changed, stats need to be updated, etc. This is a simple fix and almost every new reader clicks on this page! It should be just as cleaned up as your blog posts each week.
What do you do on non-posting days to still be active in the blogging world?
Happy Monday, everyone!