Given the Florida heat, soup isn’t usually an item I gravitate towards on a menu or make frequently at home.
But with all this talk of fall officially being here and temperatures lowering by about 1 degree during our commonly uncommon Florida rainstorm yesterday, I was inspired to make the first soup of the season (and turned the AC down real low while we ate it)!
This soup could not have been easier, seriously. It only requires 7 ingredients and chances are you already have 5 of them in your kitchen right now!
This soup is healthy, simple, a crowd pleaser (the boyfriend can be a picky eater sometimes), and the perfect way to celebrate the arrival of fall!
- ½ lb. chicken sausage links (I used Publix kale chicken sausage)
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 2.5 cups washed kale (remove ribs)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tbs. EVOO
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Slice sausage links and cook over medium heat in large saucepan with EVOO and garlic until fully cooked through (5 min)
- Add broth, beans, torn kale, and pepper to saucepan and simmer until kale is tender (10 min)
- Serve and enjoy!
What soups will you be making this fall?