Dads aren’t easy people to shop for.
For example, I just bought my dad a golf rangefinder, convinced it was the PERFECT Christmas gift. Only then did I find out it really was the perfect gift for him… because he had already bought it for himself a few weeks before.
Either dads buy what they want randomly throughout the year when they think of it, or they say “don’t get me anything for Christmas”. Either way, it’s pretty much a lose-lose on Christmas morning.
This year I started this gift guide for dad early. Thinking about all the possible things he could want, or doesn’t even know he wants yet (example: #4). I also took inventory during Thanksgiving to ensure none of the items have been purchased yet by my father!
Learning from my mistakes, you see :)
Here are my top 6 perfect dad gifts to help anyone else out there with a dad who is impossible to shop for like mine:
1. Bushnell Tour X Jolt Golf Laser GPS/Rangefinder – The gift that is perfect for any golfing dad. But check first to make sure he doesn’t have one already :)
2. Powermax Quick Charge External Battery for Smartphones, Cameras, Games, Tablets – Pretty much every millennial has one of these, but dads need them too! This one charges more than just an iPhone, so it’s perfect for tech dads with all the gadgets.
3. Ticket to Ride – Europe Strategy Board Game – This is a selfish gift because I’m obsessed with this board game (my friend has it and I would always request to have her pull it out during game night). I would love to challenge my father to a few rounds since he is just as competitive as me. Nothing like some “friendly” family competition during the holidays!
4. Amazon Echo – This is the gift that your father doesn’t know he wants yet, but he will want it! I just won one through theSkimm giveaway and am so excited for it to arrive. “Alexa, what’s the temperature outside?”
6. Hermès striped silk tie – Flash back to when you were younger and would always get your dad a tie for Christmas… however now that your piggy bank is a bit bigger, this Hermès tie will be a huge upgrade!
I was going to add this S’well bottle to the list as well… but my dad already bought it for himself. When will he learn??
What’s on your shopping list for your dad this year?