Not to toot my own horn too much, but I really did surprise myself with how delicious (especially visually delicious) this bundt cake turned out. It was almost too pretty to eat… almost :)
One of my coworkers got injured the other week so we all thought of nice things to do for her to brighten her day. I was tasked as the baker and since she loves chocolate and peanut butter, this could not have been a more perfect recipe.
I dug around on the internet for a simple but unique recipe and came across this winner. With a few minor changes, and a whole lot of additional mini Reese’s peanut butter cups added, I had this delicious creation!
- 50-ish miniature Reese's peanut butter cups
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 box of devil's food cake mix (15.25 oz)
- 1 large container of sour cream (16 oz, don't use fat free)
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease bundt pan
- Combine cake mix, sour cream, and eggs in large bowl until fully mixed
- Pour 2/3 cake batter into the bunt pan
- Slice all of the peanut butter cups in half (30 in one pile, 20 in the other)
- Sprinkle the pile of 30 halved peanut butter cups to the top of the batter
- Pour the rest of the batter into the bundt pan
- Bake for 40-50 minutes (test with toothpick to confirm it's ready)
- Allow to fully cool
- Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter together in the microwave
- Drizzle over cake and place the remaining halved peanut butter cups on the top
- Let the drizzle harden and then slice yourself a piece and enjoy!
This is going to be a go-to dessert I make for parties now! It doesn’t take long and doesn’t require a lot of ingredients, but oh BOY it’s not only pleasing to the tummy, but pleasing to the eyes as well.
What is your go-to dessert you whip up for parties?