It’s official… only one more week left in this city and then the boyfriend and I are taking off on our 15.5 hour drive to our new home, Miami!
I’ve lived in this wonderful (but chilly) city for 2.5 years and I can’t believe that in 6.5 days I will be leaving it!
Here are the 5 things I want to do before hitting the road:
1) Get Milk Bar, specifically cereal milk soft serve AND b’day truffles :)
2) Dine at Barcelona Wine Bar (where I met the boyfriend almost two years ago)
3) Run the National Mall one last time
4) Visit the U.S. Botanic Garden (how have I still not been here??)
5) Picnic on the National Mall!
#5 is actually the only thing we have completed from this list so far! I’ve been asking the boyfriend to do this for almost two years and finally last weekend it happened. We went to Dean & DeLuca in Georgetown and grabbed a fresh baguette, delicious creamy herb cheese, raspberry preserves, prosciutto, and of course a bottle of champagne. We sat outside soaking up the sun and before we knew it we had gone through the whole… baguette! You thought I was going to say bottle of champagne, didn’t you :)
If you were moving to a new state in a week, what would you do in your city one last time (or for the first time) before leaving?