Whelp ladies and gentlemen, Summer is officially over. Are you crying as much as I am?
I’ve had to put away all of my Lilly sundresses and pull out my jackets (this was obviously done with a glass of wine in hand to help me cope).
The high today is only 75 degrees and I’m sitting here writing this post in a sweater and pants… I HATE pants!
So, in order not to feel completely depressed about the F word (Fall), I’m making a list of fun activates to do before that horrible white stuff starts to cover all of DC :)
You may see a few repeat items on my list from my Summer bucket list that I didn’t seem to get accomplished, so I’ve moved them here in hopes of giving them a second shot at life!
1. Hike the Billy Goat Trail (the trees will look gorgeous!)
2. Picnic in the park (at least now I won’t be sweating over my glass of wine and cheese spread)
3. Stroll the monuments at night with a PSL (jokes, I actually hate PSL… I guess I’m not so basic after all)
4. Go apple picking (last year we baked apple pies, this year I’m thinking any one of these 20 recipes, but most likely the glazed apple fritters…I’m already drooling over them)
5. Visit the National Zoo (now that Summer is over there will be less snotty-nosed children running around screaming at the tops of their lungs)
6. Stroll Union Market (if this list were in rank order, I think this would be #1. I’ve heard amazing things and have no excuse as to why I haven’t gone yet)
7. Carve a pumpkin (three years ago I made this beauty and won the family carving contest which includes bragging rights, I’m going to try to trump it this year!)
What are you doing this fall? Are you as depressed as I am that… WINTER IS COMING (queue Game of Throne theme song) :)