This Memorial Day weekend was filled with BBQ, beer, laughter, friends, and family. Not to mention surprisingly good weather! It was exactly what the doctor ordered :)
If you’re like us, you have mounds of BBQ leftovers that will make up your main food group for the next few days. But instead of eating soggy coleslaw or wilted lettuce, I decided we needed to add a little something sweet!
I’m loving all the delicious fresh fruit out in stores and somehow lately a pineapple always makes it into my cart when I go grocery shopping. Even if I’m walking home, I still commit myself to carrying that extra 5 lbs.
Plus when your mom mails you a box of Penzeys Spices, you create any excuse to use them! This roasted brown sugar pineapple was the perfect reason.
- 1 freshly cubed pineapple
- 4 tbs. melted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon (highly recommend Penzeys Spices)
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Cube the pineapple into equal chunks.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until pineapple is well coated.
- Spread coasted pineapple onto lined baking sheet and place in the over.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (stirring half way through) until pineapple turns golden brown.
- Pile high on a place next to your mound of BBQ and enjoy!
- Make sure not to burn the sugar. Keep a close eye on it towards the end of the cooking time!
What’s your favorite BBQ side dish?