Let me be real with you for one second. When you have something hot and delicious in front of you, sending your nose “eat me right this second” tasty scents, you just don’t have time to plate the darn things to take blog pictures before devouring them.
There is bacon AND brown sugar AND balsamic vinegar all over these green bean bundles! That combined heavenliness is meant to be eaten in the kitchen standing over the tray with your hands :)
That’s my longwinded way of saying sorry for the sub-par pictures on the cooking tray, I hope you understand (if you make them you will really understand). These are my kryptonite.
This recipe is perfect for a dinner party (I made these a second time, had a little more self restraint, and got them all the way over to my friends house for game night and only ate one on the way) or even a Super Bowl party!
On that note: Panthers or Broncos? If you say Broncos I don’t think my sister will allow me to be friends with you anymore. GO PANTHERS!
So this recipe… Basically if someone likes bacon you should make these green bean bundles for them. It’s that simple. They will thank you, and love you, and probably ask you out on a date Feb. 14!
- 1 pound fresh green beans (trim the ends)
- 6 slices of bacon (halved)
- 1.5 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 2.5 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line the cooking tray with tin foil and spray with olive oil (tin foil makes the clean up process so much easier)
- Place about 5 green beans on each halved bacon strip, wrap it up, and secure it with toothpick
- Line all of the bundles up on the cooking tray
- Top each with the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, salt and pepper
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until bacon is crisp