This is basically a thank you letter to all the boyfriends (husbands, significant others, man-friends, etc.) out there who support their blogger girlfriends (wives, significant others, lady-friends, etc).
Plus, it’s the boyfriend’s birthday today (cough old man cough), so I figured he should get some special attention!
Little did the boyfriend know what he signed up for when he convinced me to start my blog. He didn’t know it meant late-night blog writing, awkward photo shoots down busy DC streets, or popping popcorn and opening up a bottle of wine at 6am to set the scene for blog photos needing to post 2 hours later…
Why do our men put up with us crazy bloggers? I guess they know how happy blogging makes us :) And for that, we thank them!
So today, I want to thank the boyfriend for:
- Waiting to eat his food so I can try and get the best picture possible of it
- Pointing out “blog worthy” photo opportunities
- Waiting (most of the time patiently) while I use his phone as a prop for pictures
- Reading my blog every day (no matter how boring it may be to him)
- Taking pictures for things for me when I’m too embarrassed to
- Asking me daily about my blog and how it’s doing
- Giving me blog post ideas (some of which I’ve actually used)
- Helping me write witty Instagram captions (because I’m not the best at it, but I thought today’s was pretty good)
- Going outside in 15 degree weather to take picture of me
There are so many things that our significant others do for us and they deserve some recognition. Blogging not only changed my life, focus, and morning wakeup time… but it did the same to him as well!
So today, give the man behind your blog an extra thank you hug and kiss.
Oh, and happy birthday to mine :)