I will say, I’m not the best gift giver. It’s not that I don’t try, but when it comes time to actually find items my mind goes blank. What does so-and-so really want? What to they like?
I frequently turn to practical items or consumables (bottles of wine and restaurant gift cards for all)!
This year I decided to go a different route. Reading is great for the mind (and one of my favorite activities), so why not give the gift of a book this year? I know not everyone is into reading, but if you think about non-book things that people on your Christmas list like, such as their favorite tv show, you’ll be able to pick out the perfect book to wrap for under the tree!
Here are nine books for every kind of reader on your Christmas list:
1. For the girl who loves gossip magazines: The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
2. For the Betty Crocker wanna-be: The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister
3. For the friend who loves horror movies: Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter
4. For the girl who loves Stranger Things: Artemis by Andy Weir
5. For the friend who still plays video games: Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
6. For the WWII history buff: Those Who Save Us by Jenna Blum
7. For the Big Bang Theory lover: The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
8. For the friend who was a journalism major in college: The Life We Bury by Allen Eskens
9. For the wino in the group: Eight Hundred Grapes by Laura Dave
What books are you getting friends and family this year for Christmas?
Also, what thriller should I pick up next? The last one was a bit of a let down, so I need new recommendations!