I wrote a similar post to this a few months ago and laughed so hard at the comments you all left! So many hysterical and totally relatable adulting fails were shared and I sat down with a large glass of wine to read through every single one of them. I’m glad I wasn’t alone in my life struggles :)
I figured it was time to share a few more fails… because seriously, last week was a doozy.
I blame Hurricane Matthew.
Even though it missed up by over 100 miles, the boyfriend and I still fled to the west coast of Florida to see my family. Better to be safe than sorry. Plus we were very well fed over there (no canned goods or non-perishables were required to be purchased or consumed).
We got back to Miami Saturday afternoon to try and salvage a few hours of the weekend and get our ducks back in a row. But for some reason the ducks weren’t listening very well…
Here are my five adulting fails from last week:
1. I went to Publix to buy ingredients for dinner… ended up only buying two bottles of wine and ordered uberEATS instead.
2. I cracked my phone screen because I was too stubborn to get a phone case… then once it was cracked I finally bought a phone case.
3. I forgot my running shoes when I went to Sarasota to see my family…. so I just didn’t workout for four days.
4. I should have been working on my blog this weekend (since I haven’t posted in almost a week) but instead I binge read The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena. #priorities (side note: I give it a 4 out of 5)
5. When we were trying to decide if we should stay in Miami or escape the hurricane I walked by Publix and saw the never ending line of people inside trying to get their emergency goods. There were so many people they’d run out of shopping carts. I promptly walked to the store next door (aka Publix Liquors), bought “emergency goods” to get us through the next two days (aka wine), and then called the boyfriend to let him know we would be leaving for Sarasota Wednesday after work.
How has adulting been going for you lately? Share your adulting faux pas below so I feel less bad about mine please!
P.S. When in doubt… the answer is always wine :)