This Florida girl is going a bit crazy… I had 4 days of being stuck indoors thanks to Jonas (Is this payback because I don’t like the Jonas Brothers??).
I’ve had quite the range of emotions about the storm… skeptical (no way will it be 2 feet), fearful (did the lights just flicker? are we going to lose power?), cold (do any of my windows have a strong seal around them?), excited (wow, it seriously is a blizzard! this is wild! I have to send a picture to my friends in Florida), hungry (why did I not buy more fruits and veggies? why did I think I could live off carbs and wine alone for 4 days??), worried (that car is literally stuck in the middle of the intersection! OMG they are going to be hit by that other car that can’t stop!), annoyed (alright snow… please go away now!).
Here are the 5 things I did in order to survive being snowed in for 4 days … I actually am looking forward to going into work (never thought I would ever say that in my life):
1) Cooking and eating everything in sight. Homemade poptarts, cinnamon buns, bacon wrapped green beans… you name it, I made it if I had the ingredients!
2) Watching all of the tv shows my roommate and I have recorded on our DVR. Literally all of them. I’m kind of sick of Carrie from Homeland at the moment… binged that one a bit too hard on day #2 and #3 of the storm.
3) Staring out the window for extended periods of time yelling at the stupid pedestrians walking across the street in front of snow plows, fearful for the drivers trying to make it up our hill and fail over and over, and watching a fire truck get stuck and have to be saved by a National Guard. We have a tricky hill by our building so it does lend itself to some entertainment during a snowstorm.
4) I dug out the 3-D puzzle Santa got me for Christmas! It took multiple hours, but it was an excellent distraction and now we have a beautiful Notre Dame de Paris on our coffee table.
5) And last but not least, reading! Although the fun of being snowed for days started to wear off around hour 4 of the storm, I did get to do something I don’t get to do enough of… I curled up in bed with a cup of tea and a book. Uninterrupted, except for a few texts to my mom to keep reassuring her we had not lost power and I was safe, quiet reading time. The Husband’s Secret has me completely enthralled!
As you can tell, I’m in dire need of some social interactions, vegetables, and fun. Fingers crossed the sunshine starts to melt the snow away asap!
How did you survive the Snowmageddon? How many days were you stuck indoors for?