I’m not a hoarder.
I actually probably throw things out too often and end up wasting money purchasing the exact thing I threw out days before.
Even though I don’t hoard, there are still items in my apartment that can being to collect. And since I live in a tiny apartment, I have to capitalize on every square inch!
Last weekend I did a serious “fall cleaning” and was shocked to find some of the pointless things I had hiding out in my apartment.
Are you a hoarder or do you throw out everything without a purpose like me? Either way, chances are you have some of these same things gathering dust and taking up space in your house.
I challenge you to clear 5 minutes off your calendar, grab a trash bag, and go to town!
Throw out the following 12 things and feel great about your cleaner home :)
FROM YOUR KITCHEN
1. The weird canned soup you bought on an impulse but are never going to try (mine was thai curry coconut).
2. The salad dressing you bought and decided you hate, but still hold onto for some reason (I’m looking at you, “avocado caesar”).
3. The chipped coffee mug you haven’t used since you chipped it.
FROM YOUR CLOSET
4. The socks with the hole in them (make that… holes).
5. That dress you’ve had since high school with the pills all over and fading color you haven’t worn in months.
6. The shoes you bought that are so uncomfortable that you’ve never worn them out of the house.
FROM YOUR LIVING ROOM
7. That magazine that’s been sitting on your coffee table for months.
8. The 99% used-up candle that probably won’t light again and has no scent left.
9. The manual for the TV you used to have that you clearly don’t need anymore that is shoved in the tv stand drawer.
FROM YOUR CAR
10. Your broken umbrella (that even if it is raining you aren’t going to use again).
11. The half empty bottle of water rolling around on the floor in your backseat.
12. The old valet stubs and parking passes shoved in your center console.
What kinds of things did you come across that you were shocked you were still holding onto?